NEET 2019 Admit cards will be available to download from April 15, and the result is scheduled to release on June 5, 2019. The entrance examination will be held as a pen-and-paper test and only once next year on May 5.
List of Documents required for filling NEET 2019 application
The list of documents needed by the candidates includes:
1. Class 10 marksheet
2. Class 12 marksheet
3. Scanned copy of candidate’s passport sized photograph.
4. Scanned copy of candidate’s signature.
5. Valid ID proof like Aadhaar card or Voter ID card.
How to Register for NEET 2019
Step 1: Go to the official website– nta.ac.in
Step 2: Click on ‘NEET’ application form
Step 3: Log in with your user id and password
Step 4: Enter the required details
Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’ button
Step 6: Download it, and take a print out for further use
NEET 2019 Important dates
Online registration process: November 1 to November 30, 2018
Download of admit cards: April 15, 2019
Date of examinations: May 5, 2019
Result date: June 5, 2019
NEET UG 2019 Exam pattern:
The NEET is a three-hour long exam which includes three sections – physics, chemistry and biology
Of the total 180 questions, 90 would be from biology and 45 each from physics and chemistry
Every correct answer would fetch you plus four marks and every incorrect answer results in a negative mark. Questions that are not attempted do not have any penalty marks
Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt NEET thrice.
Criteria for Open School students: Candidates from Open School can apply; however, their candidature is subject to the decision taken by the courts.
Eligibility criteria of NEET 2019:
The candidate should fall in the age bracket of 17 to 25 years.
Apart from this, there is a relaxation of five years for the reserved category.
1. The candidate should have passed Class 12 or is appearing for it.
2. He/ she should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English is eligible to apply. They should have scored at least 50 per cent in the Class 12 exam.
3. The reserved category candidate has to score 40 per cent.
4. Students who have passed the pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with PCB/Biotechnology and English in the Higher Secondary Examination or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical exams include practical tests in these subjects and English as a compulsory subject.
5. Students who have passed the first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with PCB/Biotechnology.
6. Students who have passed the B Sc examination from a recognised Indian University provided that he/she has passed the programme with not less than two of the subjects PCB (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology are eligible to apply.
7. They should have passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Apply Online now: NEET UG Exam